RESEARCH AREA: DIGITAL MEDIA OPERATIONS
This research project aims to create a public service for broadcasters via developer APIs and the shared use of media assets. Term of the project: 2020 to 2022.
The traditional media landscape is changing. Public broadcasters are increasingly becoming public online media organisations.
Aim and implementation of the MediaVerse platform
- SRG SSR is the first company to provide content and data via a developer portal using public interfaces as a public service. The API data are provided free of charge for non-commercial use.
- encouraging developers to integrate existing content and data into their own applications and ecosystems.
- The first MediaVerse API for accessible documents has already been published on the SRG SSR Developer Portal (https://developer.srgssr.ch).
- As part of the project, SWISS TXT will contribute in-depth knowledge of media workflows and technologies currently being used in order to define the relevant workflows for the project. We are involved in the development and implementation of technology.
- SWISS TXT will also be responsible for piloting the MediaVerse technologies in a citizen journalism use case (close cooperation with the Helios project).
19 May 2022
innovation and research projects on swisstxt.ch
For several years, SWISS TXT has been deeply involved in European research and development projects in the areas of our core competencies, DMO (Digital Media Operation) and accessibility. Our current projects are available on swisstxt.ch.
11 May 2022
Discover the project and video
SWISS TXT is a partner of the “MediaVerse” EU research project and has completed its first product video. Alongside the project-specific development work, SWISS TXT has also taken on part of the communication mandate. Find out more about the project on the website and in the video.
25 January 2022
SWISS TXT & SRG SSR @ EBU PTS 2022
Open API as Public Service
Due to the coronavirus, this year’s prestigious EBU Production Technology Seminar will be held online. The event is an established pillar of the industry calendar, and a must for all public service media companies and their technical specialists.