SILAS: SIGN LANGUAGE SERVICE
Communication and interaction with hearing-impaired people for businesses and public institutions
CREATE BARRIER-FREE CONTACT POINTS
- In Switzerland, 0,1% of the population is completely deaf. Up to 600’000 people live with mild to profound hearing loss.
- People with hearing impairment communicate primary in their own natural language: sign language. They have difficulties communicating in the written language.
- More and more businesses and institutions take this reality into account and open barrier-free access, thus meeting the requirements of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
WOULD YOU ALSO LIKE TO OFFER PEOPLE WITH HEARING IMPAIRMENT THE POSSIBILITY OF COMMUNICATING WITH YOU IN SIGN LANGUAGE?
SWISS TXT has developed SILAS, a web tool for businesses and public institutions, allowing hearing-impaired people to express their concerns directly in sign language.
- Tool accessible from contact list via link with sign language symbol
- Languages available: DE, FR, IT / Swiss national sign languages DSGS, LIS, LFS
- Video e-mail in sign language instead of text e-mail
- Little information required: name and e-mail address
- Text reply by a member of the business/institution
- Translation from sign language into text and inversely
- Employment of hearing-impaired translators
- SILAS is multitenant: own logo and sender information
HOW DOES SILAS WORK: SIGN LANGUAGE SERVICE
SWISS TXT has provided access services for SRG SSR, its SRF, RTS and RSI units, corporate partners and educational institutes for 30 years.
We have around 100 employees at our regional locations (Zurich, Geneva, Comano) so we can provide professional services close to you, in Switzerland’s 3 official languages and around 20 other languages.