SWISS TXT Research Projects
An insight into the research projects undertaken by SWISS TXT
For several years, SWISS TXT has been deeply involved in European research and development projects in the areas of our core competencies, DMO (Digital Media Operation) and accessibility.
Our work in these areas focuses on applied research. This means that new technologies are not only researched, but integrated into real services (this is also known as ‘productification’). We are part of a Europe-wide network of research partnerships and we coordinate with other television broadcasters, universities and technology providers.
The innovation team, headed by Robin Ribback, acquires and supports national and European research projects and coordinates closely with SRG’s strategy departments.
To position and illustrate the latest research projects, we have created an image video that provides a brief overview for anyone who is interested in our activities.
These projects, all of which have a duration of 2 to 5 years, are as follows:
- Helios: Citizen journalism and social media platform based on blockchain technology
- MediaVerse: Remodelling the public service through Developer APIs and shared use of media assets.
- 5GMediaHUB: 5G-based distribution of media content for broadcasters. 8K video playback and live-streaming on mobile devices.
- Content4All: Fully automated sign language with ‘realatars’ for broadcasters. Project winner of the NAB Innovation Award 2020.
- Easier: Fully automated translation and communication system for sign language. For accessible communication between deaf and hearing people within organisations.