Automatic subtitling with subsequent correction
Fast, easy, audience-centred subtitles – at low cost!
Subtitles make video content accessible as text, and also ensure that videos can be searched for and searched through. Conventional manual subtitling is time-consuming and correspondingly expensive.
The mediahub platform from SWISS TXT means that subtitling can now be automated. It's fast, easy, tailored to the audience, and cost-effective.
The mediahub platform offers a cloud-based browser solution which generates subtitles automatically. These can then be processed very easily in an integrated editor, and translated into other languages if necessary.
The individual steps in the process are as follows:
- The subtitles are generated quickly in German, French, Italian or English using automatic speech recognition software, and then sent to the client. Depending on the nature of the audiovisual content, the mediahub deploys a number of different speech recognition products to do this.
- The subtitles can be used for a variety of purposes: for television or for online services or social media with more characters per line.
- The generated text can be corrected quickly and easily by the client's own staff. No specific subtitling knowledge is required. A brief introduction is all that is needed.
- Easy-to-read subtitles: cohesive units, synchronised with the image, and shown on screen for as long as possible.
- The mediahub enables specific tasks to be allocated to specific individuals, for the correction phase, for example.
- Subtitles can be converted into a variety of formats, downloaded, or integrated into the video as open captions at any time.
- There is also the option of translating the subtitles automatically into other languages via the mediahub platform, and having them corrected.
The process is best suited to factual content in a standard language. It offers enormous savings compared with conventional subtitling, and represents a milestone in subtitle generation.