Major sporting events
Event PlayerSRG pays a lot of money for its rights to televise major sporting events and wishes to provide its audience with optimum programming. However, while linear TV has its limits, the web doesn't. Online, far more content can be broadcast in parallel and with supplementary content.
- The people are very interested in sporting events.
- Not all recorded content can be fully transmitted by TV.
- Online or web TV is becoming increasingly important as a TV channel.
- Mobile and delayed consumption of content is also becoming more and more popular.
OBJECTIVES / REQUIREMENTS
- To create a state-of-the-art web TV solution for major events.
- Increased reach.
- To make use of interactive web technology options.
- High availability and scalability.
A NATIONAL PROJECT
THREE LANGUAGE REGIONS
A national project with three language regions is always a challenge. The role of SWISS TXT was that of a general contractor coordinating all the parties involved. Collaboration with the language regions involved the following activities:
- Requirements management.
- User experience design.
- Technical architecture.
- Development of an application for web, mobile and Smart TV/HbbTV including a video player.
- Solution to be hosted on a cloud.
- Distribution of the video stream.
- 7x24h support during the event.
Euro 2016 update
- More ways for users to follow the action.
- Switch camera perspectives in the live stream: tactical view, follower camera, etc.
- Multi-angle replays of key scenes as video on demand.
- Expanded information provides an overview of the entire tournament, e.g. statistics, team details and game schedule.
Separate video portal
Event recording for delayed VoD
Ergonomic GUI with EPG for easy navigation
Scalable CDN architecture
Highlight markers to increase VoD ratings
Enrichment with additional content like news, live tickers, statistics
Responsive design and adaptive streaming for Flash / HTML5
Your contact personHead of Content Solutions
- T +41 32 329 21 21